You most certainly can! Anyone can apply for the bursary, and we prioritise the following:
- People who are physically disabled in some way
- People who are neurodivergent or have a mental illness
- People from a minority or persecuted community
- People living in a low income household (typically defined as a household earning under £15,000) and/or in receipt of social security
- People with a criminal record
- People who are the primary carer for another human with high needs
- People who are struggling in other ways and just really need to write some kickass stories.
We don't ask for any form of means testing or background checks: just tell us a little bit about yourself and your situation, send us a writing sample and we'll do our best to help.
You can apply here: https://writershq.co.uk/sponsor-a-writer/